8-Yr-Old Boy Slept In Same Bed With His Pregnant Mom Without Knowing She Was Dead For Hours

An 8-year-old boy slept with his pregnant mother in the same bed after she had been beaten to death by her boyfriend. The boyfriend told the boy his 27-year-old mother was asleep and not to wake her up, reports 2ClickHouston. The boy discovered she was dead only in the morning. The suspected murderer, 23-year-old Alexis Armando Rojas-Mendez killed Ashley M Garcia earlier this month in Houston. Now cops are on the lookout for the man. Court documents suggest a neighbor saw Rojas-Mendez beating Garcia on September 18 outside their home in a parking lot. According to the neighbor, he tried to force her inside a Jeep along with her 8-year-old son. Garcia, however, refused to go inside and was instead dragged to her third-floor apartment. Investigators said after Rojas-Mendez killed Garcia, he told her 8-year-old son not to wake her up.

The next morning, the boy found her dead. The Garcia family laid her to rest in a private ceremony. “I have so many mixed emotions. I am sad, I am angry, I just want justice for her, that’s all I want, I want her to be at peace,” said Garcia’s sister Yessenia. She added Garcia had been seven weeks pregnant and had three other kids. Yessenia described her as a loving mother. “You know, those kids are so much like her, it’s crazy,” said Yessenia. According to People, investigators found the home’s walls and floors spattered with blood. She had blunt force injuries on her head and body, according to court documents. She had been dead for several hours at her apartment in the 5500 block of De Soto Street.  When police arrived on September 19 morning at Garcia’s house, they found her body riddled with trauma wounds which were determined to be the reason for her death.

Court documents suggested that Garcia’s 8-year-old son, who was not named, saw Rojas-Mendez beating his mother with the steel-toe boots he usually wore for work. This assault took place a night before she was found dead. Rojas-Mendez apparently left the scene of the murder and then contacted his sisters for an “out-of-town job” and asked them if they could let him borrow some money. They refused. They told police he sounded “stressed out” on the phone, court documents stated further. Rojas-Mendez was charged with murder but has not been taken into custody. The cops have asked anyone with information on the criminal to contact the HPD Homicide Division at (713) 308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at (713) 222-TIPS.

There have been many cases of violence against women resulting in their deaths. In February, we had reported a similar case of murder where a 25-year-old man in Milwaukee, who killed his partner and then strangled his two daughters. He told investigators he did not want the kids to live without their mother. Arzel Ivery, the murderer, said that there had been tensions between him and his partner Amarah Banks, 26, ever since their infant son died in late January from bronchitis. The couple attended the funeral on February 8 after which Ivery went to work. At around 1.30 am, he went to Banks’ apartment where the two had an argument. Ivery told cops a full-scale confrontation took place between the two with Banks attacking him with a knife. Ivery claimed that Banks said she did not want to live anymore while attacking him and cut him on the wrist.

He then grabbed Banks and pushed her head into the wall twice. This caused her to bleed from the mouth. He then strangled her with both his hands. A neighbor told the police that Banks screamed and begged Ivery not to kill her. She said, “No, no, please don’t kill me,” as he dragged her back into the building.