How To Use Hydrogen Peroxide To Clean Almost Everything
Ever wonder what people do with hydrogen peroxide?
Besides bleach out their hair, I mean.
Well, it is often included in first aid kits, and when you buy it at the store, it can usually be found near the rubbing alcohol and band-aids.
Chemically speaking, it is H2O2, just slightly different from water, which is H2O.
Hydrogen peroxide will happily give up that extra O (oxygen), and as a result, many wonderful things can happen!
Check it out:
1. Bye Bye germs. Dilute hydrogen peroxide with water (1-pint peroxide to 1-gallon water) and add the mix to a humidifier – no more airborne germs!
2. Bye Bye bugs. Soak your veggies for half an hour in ¼ cup peroxide mixed with 3 cups of water. Rinse well and enjoy!
3. Bye Bye viruses. Simply put three drops of peroxide in your ears and let it drain out. It will remove excess wax.
4. Clean home. It can be used as is as a multi-surface cleaner for your home.
5. Detox. Soak in a cup of 35% peroxide in a bath (and water!) for 30 minutes. Shower and feel better!
6. Sanitize things like a lunchbox, reusable shopping bags, your toothbrush, and your windows or mirrors.
7. First aid – the sanitizing power of hydrogen peroxide makes it perfect for any first aid kit. I can help disinfect and clean small wounds.
8. Toothache? Mix peroxide and coconut oil – then gargle. People say this mixture works quickly to get rid of the pain!
9. Corns and calluses? There’s an easy way to treat this. All you have to do is take equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and water, mix and soak your feet to help soften them.
10. Whiter teeth and bad breath – yep gargling and rinsing your mouth with hydrogen peroxide and water won’t just kill bacteria, it will also whiten your teeth.
11. Also works great as a contact lenses cleaner. All you have to do is leave your contact lenses in a diluted solution of hydrogen peroxide overnight and tadaa!
12. Hydrogen peroxide also works great as a lunchbox disinfector! To remove bacteria that you can only see through a microscope, use hydrogen peroxide to cleanse them all!
There you go, a few ideas for how to use Hydrogen Peroxide!
Share away, people!